Core Material Defined
Core is a vital part of the remanufacturing process. Returning cores enable John Deere to support and sustain the livelihood of a machine. John Deere Reman uses a variable core credit system depending on the condition of the core and the credit will vary depending on product line.
Returning cores also falls under the John Deere environmental commitment initiatives that include recycling, resource conservation, pollution prevention and energy conservation. What is core material?
How does core material save money?
- Core is failed material
- Core is used parts
- Core is trash and landfill material
- Core is the raw material for Reman
What is the value of core material?
- Core value ($) is added to the part price to insure its return
- Core value ($) is not lost by returning the part
- Core value ($) is returned when the part is returned
- Core value ($) is lost when parts are not returned
- Core recovery reduces resources needed to produce new
- Core material serves as raw material for Reman process and therefore critical to supporting the Reman value proposition offering customers low cost service solutions.
- Core material recovery keeps the used OEM parts from competitors…if core parts are sold to the market, they compete with Deere and the Deere dealer.
- Core material reduces resources by reducing the need for mining, processing, melting, casting and machining of new parts.
You may also be interested in...