Threshing and separation concept T-Series
- Large, 660-mm (26-in.) diameter threshing cylinder with 10 rasp bars and increased concave area
- Smooth stripper roll and enlarged overshoot beater
- Enlarged, 800-mm (31.5-in.) separator with high-performance separation grate
- Eight-wing, 400-mm (15.7-in.) rear beater and rear beater grate
- Seven-step straw walker design with welded or optional bolted universal and corn-cob mix (CCM) grids
Large, 660-mm (26-in.) threshing cylinder with 10 rasp bars and enlarged concave
The large, 10-rasp bar threshing cylinder with 660-mm (26-in.) diameter provides excellent grain quality and gentle material handling.
Combined with the enlarged wrapping angle of 124 degrees, this ensures excellent threshing efficiency, providing unmatched capacity even in tough separating conditions.
Four rasp bars are in constant contact with the crop against the concave area for excellent threshing and separating efficiency:
- Provides a large concave area and allows a slow cylinder speed
- Ensures gentle threshing and separation to reduce grain damage
- Large, concave wrapping angle ensures high grain separation right at the beginning and reduces separation load on the straw walkers
- Wide, 1670-mm (65.7-in.) (6-Walker) channel width grants maximum throughput even in tough separating conditions
Stripper drum and overshoot beater
The T-Series threshing system uses a smooth surface stripper roller behind the threshing cylinder to gently direct the material to the overshoot beater. This prevents material from back feeding on the threshing cylinder, eliminating blockages of the cylinder. The stripper roller speed runs at 125 percent ratio of the threshing cylinder speed.
The enlarged, 500-mm (19.7-in.) overshoot beater on the T-Series continues the material flow process. Material travels over the top of the beater and is directed into the separation drum.
Smooth crop flow is achieved without harsh angles or abrupt changes in direction.
The eight-wing beater has a constant speed. The serration design of the wings’ leading edges engage the mat of material and move the high volumes of tough, damp straw without buildup or bunching.
Xtra Large separator and high-performance separator grate (HPS grate)
The 800-mm (31.5-in.) Xtra Large separator drum provides additional separation capacity of the T-Series. Due to the open design, the drum is not heavier in weight than the previous closed design.
The Xtra Large separator drum runs at two factory-installed speeds:
- 760 rpm for small grain and grass seed
- 380 rpm for rape seed and peas and beans
There is an optional 270 rpm speed reduction kit available for corn harvest which is included in the corn package.
Swapping the belt speed can be done easily and quickly by changing the drive pulley via a lever-operated tension pulley.
The Xtra Large separator drum runs at a lower speed compared to the previous design that was operated at 900/450 rpm. While it seems that higher drum speeds result in more efficient separation capacity caused by the higher centrifugal force, the opposite effect has been measured. While the centrifugal force has a vital impact on the separation capacity, speeds of the separator drum that are too high result in low exposure time in the high-performance separator grate. This is shown in the graph below.
Straw walker concept
Seven-step straw walker design
The T-Series has a seven-step straw walker concept. Compared to the previous T Series, the model year 2017 T-Series Straw Walker is extended by 80 mm (3.15 in.), which results in a slightly increased overall straw walker area (+ 0.1m²). The concept of low walker rpm and high walker stroke provides efficient tossing to fluff even largest straw mats and open channels for the free grains to drop through. This results in most efficient grain separation capability. The straw walker is available with welded or bolted universal and CCM grids for best-in-class reconfiguration and ability to retrofit for all crops and conditions.
The straw walker is equipped with a closed walker trough at the rear, which ensures the grain is captured in the trough and feeds evenly on the walker return pan that is mounted below the front section of the walkers. Section dividers on the return pan help to maintain an even distribution of material onto the front chaffer of the cleaning system, even on slopes.
- High throw provides efficient tossing to fluff even the largest straw mats and open channels for the kernels to drop through.
- Maximum grain separation is achieved at the front section due to the impact of the straw mat when hitting the first walker steps.
- Four shallow, angled steps provide maximum separating efficiency.
Different walker grids are available to match all crop and conditions.
Overall threshing and separation system benefits:
- Greater level of productivity due to the enlarged concave wrapping angle, Xtra Large separator drum, and the high-performance separator grate
- Best-in-class grain and straw quality can be achieved with the threshing and separating concept
- Fast and easy adoption for different crops
- Lower power consumption and excellent straw quality, making this combine the optimal choice for straw producers
Rear beater and rear beater grate
The 400-mm (15.7-in.) rear beater on the T-Series continues the material flow process. The beater delivers material to the straw walkers. The beater is driven directly from the Xtra Large separator drum and is operated at two speeds.
- 900 rpm for small grain and grass seed
- 450 rpm for rape seed, corn, peas, and beans
A separation grate is mounted underneath the rear beater. The grate is adjustable with a handle on the right side.
Two positions are available:
- Wide position recommended in rape seed, corn, peas, beans, or other sensitive crops
- Narrow position for small grain or grass seed
Inside the T-Series threshing and separation system is an eight-winged, rear beater drum that separates the remaining grains out of the straw mat thanks to the rear beater grate, which provides additional active separation area.
Comparison of separator speed
Comparison separator speed
The red line indicates the performance delta at a loss level of one percent between the different separator speeds.
In combination with the new high performance separator grate, which features a dual design, the first three-quarters of the grate are equipped with wire-grate design, and the last quarter of the grate is equipped with a finger-rake design.
The dual design of the high-performance separator grate provides a boost in separation capacity and does not require manual adjustments that the previous finger rake grate did with the swing in/out function of the two finger rows in tough separating conditions.
The graph below shows the separation performance of two T670s equipped with a 630R Platform running in the same field at same threshing settings. The machine with the high-performance grate clearly shows additional separation capacity compared to the machine with the 800-mm (31.5-in.) Xtra Large separator grate and an updated finger-rake design based separator grate.