42-in. (107-cm) Mower Deck
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 42-in. (107-cm) two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 13 gauge, 0.090 in. (2.3 mm) steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is an optional attachment.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 6.5-bu (229-L) rear bagger is sold separately.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
StarLock™ blade design
StarLock blade design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower deck height adjustment
Mower deck height adjustment lever
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height: