D155 Tractor with 48-in. (122-cm) Edge Cutting System
The 48-in. (122-cm) Edge Cutting System
The Edge™ Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give superior convenience, performance, and reliability:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
The 48-in. (122-cm) Edge mower deck is a three-spindle design with heavy-duty characteristics:
- Four mower wheels are standard equipment for a smooth mowing job, even in rolling terrain. Flexible discharge chute minimizes property and mower deck damage.
- No tools are required to go from mulching (with mulch cover) to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is an optional attachment.
- A high-performance mulching blade (GX21786) is available to enhance mulching performance.
- Bagging blades are available to improve bagging performance.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection. The rugged 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.7-mm) steel-deck mower will provide years of dependable mowing.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 6.5-bu (229-L) rear bagger is sold separately and comes with bagging blades.
A complete mower deck can be ordered as a replacement part.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
StarLock™ blade design
StarLock blade design
The StarLock™ blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower deck height adjustment
Mower deck height adjustment lever
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 0.25 in. (0.64 cm) allow the operator to fine-tune the cut height.