Spray boom stability to maximize spray accuracy and productivity
Stable boom ride provides spray accuracy and reduces risk on spray drift
Center frame construction, including anti-yaw suspension, filters the machine movement supporting stable boom ride
Boom stability is the key to accurate, profitable spraying. If the boom wobbles or swings, the operator reduces productivity, wasting chemicals and losing yields. John Deere’s wide-range durable steel booms have the stability and features operators need for reliable, high-precision performance – year after year.
John Deere delivers better boom stability, durability, and performance with these features:
- Steel box-shaped boom, built for strength and reliability, designed for high-speed spraying
- Fast-fold function for automatic boom folding reduces machine setup time at the field
- Central pendulum system with anti-yaw suspension for boom leveling and boom stability
- Hydraulic boom tilt control with auto-center function
- Section valves safely located in the boom structure for faster spray on/off response
- Optional pressure circulation system for instant chemicals at the start of spray
- 3D vertical and horizontal boom breakaway
- Stainless-steel spray lines with quick connectors including five-way nozzle bodies protected within the construction
- Parallelogram boom lift system with hydraulic accumulator absorbs vertical movements
- Return-to-height function is in base
- Manual-controlled variable geometry with accumulators for individual boom wing control
- Automatic variable geometry and boom height control system (option)
- BoomTrac™ automatic boom height and tilt with headland management system (option)
- John Deere Section Control switches spray on or off with predefined areas, helping control costs and efficiency (option)
Boom stability for optimized spray accuracy and efficiency
End stroke dampening in hydraulic fold cylinders and ball bearings at hinge points ensure smooth folding maximize uptime
Boom suspension system with polyurethane dampers, limit boom yawing for maximum spray accuracy
Boom stability solutions enable performance, uptime, and reduce cost of operation. The pendulum construction with the anti-yaw dampening system will balance the spray boom when spraying. For hilly conditions, an optional spring set is available to allow the pendulum to better follow the contours from the field.
- Boom suspension system with central turning point and polyurethane dampers limit boom yawing
- End-stroke dampening in boom folding cylinders limits the load at hinge points when folding
- Sturdy ball-and-socket hinges for extended boom life, less wear and tear
- Nozzle being protected within the boom construction, limits the risk on damage
Boom folding and spray boom layout R4040i
Spray boom layout R4040i, double folded booms 24-36 meter
R4040i offers the ability reduces working width, and fold asymmetrical if needed
R4040i offers various spray boom configurations to best match farm value stream requirements. The boom folding sections are fully electrohydraulically operated with the hydro handle using multi-functional control in the cab.
Boom folding is typically smooth, due to the ball-and-socket bearings in the hinge points and the end-stroke dampening in the folding cylinders between the boom segments. Using the auto fast fold setting, the boom unlocks the transport lock automatically and unfolds the boom completely.
The spray boom also can be unfolded at sequential mode; first inner boom segments follow the outer boom segments, which enables working at one-half the width. In the occurrence the spray boom is unfolded and an obstacle is in the field (for example, electric pole of the power grid line), the R4040i offers the possibility to reduce the working width asymmetrically using the multi-functional lever. By pushing the button, the selected boom segment will fold in and boom locks automatically prevent the boom tends to on side due to reduced working width.
- Electrohydraulically operated with the hydro handle using multi-functional control
- Reduce setup time at the field, enable faster folding using the fast-fold function
- Boom folding modes: complete unfold, one-half reduced working width, one-quarter reduced working width