The 2R Tractors are equipped with a two-range hydrostatic transmission (HST) incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST transmission include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- If the range lever is in gear when the key is turned to the start position, the instrument panel instructs the operator to shift to neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the power take-off (PTO) is engaged
Twin Touch foot controls
Twin Touch foot controls
Key John Deere advantages – John Deere’s Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive HST models tractors.
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation of the HST
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue
- The Twin Touch configuration also makes it easier to inch the tractor forward or rearward (i.e., when attaching to implements)
Integrated hydrostatic pump and motor
- Sauer-Danfoss® manufacturer provides the integrated pump and motor; this assures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency
- Provides strength and durability needed for operating such attachments as loaders and backhoes
- One reservoir (with one check-point and fill point) for the transmission, differential, and hydraulic system speeds up daily maintenance
- Mechanically actuated by Twin Touch foot pedals allow the operator to select both directions of travel and speed with the touch of a toe
An electronic cruise control is standard equipment on the 2R Tractors. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged using a toggle switch located on the right-hand console.
- Maintains desired forward speed without having to touch the forward pedal
- To disengage the cruise control, either apply pressure to the brake pedal or disengage the cruise control switch
The 2036R Tractors come equipped with the eThrottle feature. This feature is designed to reduce the amount of full throttle usage for less noise production and to consume less fuel. With eThrottle engaged, the engine rpms and transmission speed will increase as the Twin Touch pedals are depressed. This feature can be beneficial for use in many different applications, especially for front hitch and loader work and when transporting on roads or in parking lots.
To enable the system, the operator simply presses the switch located on the right side of the front console. Once the system is enabled, engine speed will then increase or decrease in unison as the TwinTouch transmission pedals are depressed.
For loader work, operator will get maximum benefit from the system by increasing engine rpm with the hand throttle to at least 50 percent. Once the hand throttle is set, eThrottle will help provide the feeling of a power boost when the customer is filling the bucket with material from a pile. The harder the TwinTouch pedal is pressed, the more engine speed the operator will get. In this scenario, as the operator presses the pedal, the engine will operate between 50 percent throttle and 100 percent throttle. It will not go below 50 percent until the hand throttle is lowered back down.
For transport applications or snow removal, it is recommended to engage eThrottle but leave the hand throttle set to low-idle so that eThrottle can control the entire range of engine speed from 0 percent up to 100 percent.
In power take-off (PTO) applications such as mowing or snow blowing, it is not recommended to use eThrottle because PTO implements usually require a constant speed in order to properly function.
The optional eThrottle for the 2025R is mechanical and can be ordered factory installed (option code 8290).
Sauer-Danfoss is a trademark of Sauer-Danfoss Incorporated.