NEWS RELEASE January 22, 2022
John Deere innovation makes top 50 eight times
Crestmead, Queensland (22 January, 2022) – EIGHT John Deere innovations have received a 2022 AE50 Award for their ability to equip farmers with powerful and intelligent technology to advance agricultural production.
Each year, the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) recognises the 50 most innovative product-engineering designs in the food and agriculture industry with AE50 Awards, as chosen by international engineering experts. To be selected, winning products must help farmers and food processors to increase efficiency, enhance quality, improve safety, and increase profitability.
John Deere Australia/New Zealand Managing Director, Luke Chandler, said the Awards reflected John Deere's commitment to meeting farmers' evolving needs and challenges with technological solutions to advance the industry.
"Innovation is central to everything we do and we invest heavily in research and development," Mr Chandler said.
"John Deere specialists from around the globe combine their expertise to create outstanding new products, and take great pride in knowing their ingenuity has contributed to assisting our customers to efficiently and sustainably meet the world's growing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure.
"An example of this is the award-winning See & Spray™ Select, a targeted spray application that provides a similar hit rate to broadcast spraying while using an average 77% less herbicide - a significant saving on inputs for farmers."
Factory-installed on the new 400 and 600 Sprayers, the See & Spray Select solution toured Australian farms last year, to demonstrate the advanced camera and control technology which allows it to differentiate colour on fallow ground, to detect weeds for spraying.
Other John Deere innovations receiving a 2022 AE50 Award include:
- MY22 9 Series Tractors – is powered by an all-new John Deere PowerTech™ 13.6L engine to allow producers to increase efficiency by pulling wider implements and is packed with technology to enable greater precision.
- HDF Hinged Frame Flexible Cutterbar Draper – provides superior harvesting capacity for small grains, canola and pulse production across changing conditions and uneven or rolling terrain while capturing more grain.
- C770 Cotton Harvesters – provides unmatched levels of productivity, technology, and efficiency for cotton growers, with the new picker harvesting more than four hectares per hour while reducing cotton losses, and strippers harvesting up to an extra 40 ha per day in dryland cotton.
- Quick Change Blades for ProSeries™ Openers – helps farmers save time and reduce labour costs on no-till air seeding tools.
- ExactRate™ Liquid Fertilizer System – integrated on 8RX tractors, this offers an additional 3785L of liquid fertiliser capacity on the tractor allowing customers to increase efficiency by covering more acres between fills.
- 1775NT Planter – increases onboard seed and fertiliser capacity while reducing soil compaction through the integration of tracks on the planter.
- W200 Series Self-Propelled Windrowers and Platforms – includes TouchSet in-cab push-button controls operators can use to adjust settings from inside the cab.
"John Deere is very proud to be recognised as part of the AE50 Awards, and will continue to push the boundaries of agricultural technology to support our farmers in being the most productive, profitable and sustainable in the world," Mr Chandler said.
For more information, speak with your John Deere dealer, or visit www.deere.com.au.
About Deere & Company:
Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) is a world leader in providing advanced products and services and is committed to the success of customers whose work is linked to the land - those who cultivate, harvest, transform, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world's dramatically increasing need for food, fuel, shelter and infrastructure. Since 1837, John Deere has delivered innovative products of superior quality built on a tradition of integrity. For more information, visit John Deere at its worldwide website at JohnDeere.com or in Australia at JohnDeere.com.au.