The 3R Series Tractor is available with an exclusive three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels through a pump and motor
- Provides high torque for start-up
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
Sauer-Danfoss® supplies both the pump and motor. This ensures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency.
The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow selecting both directions of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.
Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is base equipment
- Cruise-control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and allows for more precise setting of speed
Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission is used for reliable operation. Durability features include:
1) Large, forged trunnion shaft with larger support bearings to reduce vibration and noise.
2) Center section made from durable cast aluminum, which is 10 percent stronger.
3) Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life.
Safety features of the eHydro transmission include:
- The tractor will start with one or both foot pedals depressed, but it will not move until both pedals first come to neutral
- The tractor will come to a stop if the operator leaves the seat but the engine will not shut off unless the power take-off (PTO) is also running
Key John Deere advantage
Twin Touch foot controls
John Deere's Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive hydrostatic transmission (HST) tractor models.
Key advantages over competitive HST tractor models:
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue.
Integrated eHydro features
The eHydro convenience controls have been integrated into a single module. Combining features such as SpeedMatch™, LoadMatch™, MotionMatch, and automotive-style cruise control pulls the maximum efficiency out of the eHydro transmission tractors. All of these features are standard on the 3R models and deliver an easier and more comfortable user experience.
eHydro convenience control module
Automotive-style cruise control
Cruise control indicator
An automotive-style cruise control is standard equipment on the 3R Series Tractors. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and is located on the right-hand operator console.
- Maintains desired forward speed without pressure on the foot pedal
- When activated, operator is able to set cruise speed
- Use the SET/- button to set cruise speed, or to decrease cruise/maximum speed
- Use the RES/+ button to set cruise speed, or to increase cruise/maximum speed
- A speed sensor also allows the tractor to maintain preset speed driving up and down hills
- To disengage the cruise control, either:
- Apply pressure to the brakes
- Disengage cruise control button
- Briefly depress the reverse travel pedal
LoadMatch power management system
LoadMatch is an industry exclusive and a standard feature on the 3R Series Tractors.
If torque requirements increase significantly, the transmission will reduce the tractor's drive speed to compensate for the increased load on the transmission, maximizing torque to drive wheels and minimize stalls.
Controls automatically adjust LoadMatch compensation depending on the tractors application. PTO applications require less engine speed fluctuation, therefore adjusts the amount of droop depending on PTO speed. This adjustment increases efficiency and optimizes engine speed and torque output based on tractor application.
While typically left on, LoadMatch can be turned off with the right-hand console controls.
The MotionMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, is located on the right-hand console. It offers seven settings for adjusting the rollout or decelerate when the pedal is released.
This icon indicates longer accelerate and decelerate distances
SpeedMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, further enhances the eHydro cruise control functions by allowing the operator to preset maximum speed. Once this feature is engaged, the operator must stroke the travel pedal fully to meet the operator preset speed. This function will improve accuracy and safety, particularly at lower travel speed applications.
Rotary tilling or spraying applications are examples of where SpeedMatch can be applied. SpeedMatch will work in both the forward and reverse set speeds.
NOTE: Automotive-style cruise control and SpeedMatch can be used in conjunction with LoadMatch to maximize productivity.
Sauer-Danfoss is a registered trademark of Sauer-Danfoss, Inc.
This icon indications shorter accelerate and decelerate distances.