NOTE: Only for flex-wing models E, M, and R.
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters lead the way with innovative design, superior durability, and proven performance. Valuable features are included such as a dome-shaped smooth deck, which prevent water and debris from accumulating on the top of the machine and makes it easy to clean up.
Built with a superior structural design that will satisfy different applications and segment desires, the single deck on the flex-wing cutters adds volume on the cutting chamber, allowing the machine to process more material and translating into an improvement in cut quality. The cutting chamber design allows the material to flow through the area and be discharged evenly throughout the width of the machine.
To help promote safe operation, John Deere rotary cutters are equipped with front and rear safety-chain shields and lighting kits to comply with U.S. regulations. John Deere rotary cutters continue to advance in value with larger, more powerful gearboxes, redesigned blade options, and updated constant-velocity (CV) drivelines.
Here are situations when a rotary cutter provides value:
- Clipping pastures encourages grass growth, optimizing on valuable pasture acreage.
- Cutting grass and stalks helps control insects.
- Routine cutting keeps weeds from reseeding.
- It is the most cost efficient way to cut roadsides, parks, cemeteries, airport fields, hydro, gas, and telephone easements, and all other types of open properties.
- Cutting grass waterways encourages root development and helps prevent erosion.
- Knocking down stalks such as cotton, corn, or milo speeds up decomposition. This is essential in no-till and minimum-till fields.
- Clearing out brush is easy.
- Control undergrowth and grass in orchards, vineyards, and groves.
Decide what model to use based on:
- The size of the area to mow versus the size of the machine – the bigger the area to mow, the bigger the mower needs to be in order to be efficient during mowing hours.
- The amount of time and frequency it will be used – for longer hours and more frequency, choose a heavier duty machine.
- Tractor compatibility – if there is a tractor the operator will be using, look for the tractor compatibility sheet to identify appropriate options.
- Choose the right features to satisfy specific needs – check out the value and benefits for each option to determine which one is the best fit for the work
John Deere flex-wing rotary cutters are available in three duty-level categories and four width sizes.
- Sizes: 3.7-m (12-ft) and 4.6-m (15-ft)
- E-spec models cut brush up to 50.8 mm (2 in.) in diameter
- Two tire options to choose from
- Available in 540 rpm
- Tractor compatibility – see chart
- Great choice for the property owners with light-duty applications
- Sizes: 4.6-m (15-ft) and 6.1-m (20-ft)
- M-spec models cut brush up to 76.2 mm (3 in.) in diameter
- Includes additional options to satisfy most customer needs
- Available in 540 or 1000 rpm
- Good match for medium-duty customers and their versatile jobs
- Sizes: 3.05-m (10-ft), 4.6-m (15-ft), and 6.1-m (20-ft)
- R-spec models cut brush up to 101.6 mm (4 in.) in diameter
- Available in 540 or 1000 rpm (R10 only available in 540 rpm)
- Excellent for road side mowing and more demanding applications