X Series Combine with 15.2-m (50-ft) Hinged Draper
John Deere HDR and HDF Drapers follow the ground by pivoting, gliding, and flexing over uneven fields to provide the best cut possible.
- Achieve the best of both worlds by adding a flexible cutterbar to a hinged draper, which already provides double the wing range of the MacDon® FD1 Draper – Hinged Drapers are available with a rigid knife on an HDR and a flexible knife on an HDF. The HDF Hinged Draper reduces missed crop when cutting on the ground in soybeans or lentils by 6 percent compared to MacDon and 2 percent compared to the HDR and RDF.*
- *NOTE: Theoretical internal John Deere study between a 45-m (13.7-ft) MacDon FD75, 640FD, HD50R, and HD50F based on static machines by measuring the area between the knife and ground based on the average lowest pod.
- Capture more crop by adjusting to the ground – Industry-exclusive hydraulic suspension separates the header from the combine, allowing it to float over the field for a more consistent cut. As the header approaches extreme field terrain, Active Feeder house Position Control automatically adjusts the feeder house height to position , enabling more float range in challenging fields
- Harvest in difficult crop conditions – Capture downed crop with the push of a button on the CommandARM™ console to automatically raise the gauge wheels and extend your reel out and down. Harvest the most challenging lodged crop confidently with a 24 percent increase in reel torque (compared to the 700FD).
- Keep a clean cutterbar no matter the field or crop – A more consistent distance between the reel fingers and cutterbar (compared to the MacDon FD145) ensures the crop is cleanly swept across the cutterbar and evenly fed into the combine throughout the full wing range.
- Improve the consistency of stubble height by 25 percent compared to the MacDon FD1 – Achieve consistent stubble height behind the combine – an advantage for better seeding performance in no-till applications. Compared to the competition, operators no longer must leave the cab to set the cut height with John Deere height control gauge wheels. The draper automatically maintains the desired cut height while floating over the land.
MacDon is a trademark of MacDon Industries Ltd.