John Deere Mobile Weather provides system accuracy within +/- 6.4 km/h (+/- 4 mph) up to a 64.3 km/h (40 mph) apparent wind. Apparent wind speed is the total wind experienced without compensation for machine speed and direction. Operating with a headwind and tailwind increases vehicle turbulence, negatively impacting wind speed accuracy. For optimal performance Mobile Weather is recommended to be utilized in vehicle operation speeds less than 32 km/h (20 mph). John Deere Mobile Weather is not recommended for use in dry-box applications.
NOTE: When the wind speed is less than 7.4 km/h (4.6 mph) and/or air temperature is below 0⁰C (32⁰F), wind, temperature, and relative humidity readings will be less accurate.
NOTE: Specifications for new sensor. System performance may vary based upon application.
- Measurement time: 10 minutes
- Power: 2.5 VDC at 2 mA, to 5 VDC at 7 mA
- Output: 320-1000 mV at 3-V excitation
- Operating temperature range: -40-55⁰C (-40-131⁰F)
- Air temperature range: -40-55⁰C (-40-131⁰F)
- Air temperature resolution: 0.1⁰C (-0.1⁰F)
- Air temperature accuracy: ±1⁰C (±1.8⁰F), wind greater than 7.4 km/h (4.6 mph)
- Relative humidity range: 10-95 percent relative humidity
- Relative humidity accuracy: ±4 percent relative humidity
- Wind speed range: 0-144 km/h (0-92 mph)
- Wind speed accuracy, Low wind speed: 0-18.5 km/h (0-11.5 mph), root-mean-square (RMS) error of 1.8 km/h (1.1 mph) + 10 percent of reading
- Wind speed accuracy, High wind speed: 18.5-144.5 km/h (11.5-90 mph), RMS error of 3.7 km/h (2.3 mph) or 5 percent RMS, whichever is greater
- Wind direction range: 0 degrees to 360 degrees
- Wind direction resolution: ±0.1 degrees
- Wind direction accuracy, low wind speed: 7.4-18.5 km/h (4.6-11.5 mph), 5 degrees RMS, typical
- Wind direction accuracy, high wind speed: Greater than 18.5 km/h (greater than 11.5 mph), 2 degrees RMS, typical
NOTE: When the wind speed is less than 7.4 km/h (4.6 mph) and/or air temperature is below 0⁰C (32⁰ F), wind, temperature, and relative humidity readings will be less accurate.
RMS error is a measure of the differences between values predicted by a model and the values actually observed.
Dimensions, sensor body
- Diameter, top: 72 mm (2.83 in.)
- Diameter, nut assembly, connection with sensor body: 45 mm (1.77 in.)
- Length, total: 131 mm (5.16 in.)
- Length, sensor body: 90 mm (3.54 in.)