Clean and simple operator's station
An uncluttered design gives operators of all sizes plenty of room to be comfortable. Color-coded controls are located on either side of the operator.
Hydrostatic transmission (HST) and brake pedals are designed and located for maximum comfort and ease of use.
Contoured, comfortable seat enhances operator comfort.
Flat operator platform provides for easy entry to/exit from the tractor.
Folding Roll-Gard™ rollover protective structure (ROPS) and retractable seat belt increase operator safety.
Operator presence system:
If the operator leaves the seat when the tractor is in gear, the engine shuts down
If the operator leaves the seat when the power take-off (PTO) is engaged, the engine shuts down
Left-side step for easy entry/exit
The thick, soft padding on this seat provides a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements.
- Adjustable using the fore and aft lever located under the seat, the seat slides on ramped rails to provide comfortable access to all controls.
Easy-to-read instrument panel includes the following:
- Low oil pressure indicator light
- Battery discharge indicator light
- PTO engagement indicator light
- Signal/hazard lamp indicator lights
- Multi-function liquid crystal display (LCD) display (hours, filter cleaning information, etc.)
- Filter cleaning status indicator light
All 3E Series Tractors come standard with a fuel gauge that is easy to read from the operator's station, to ensure operators do not run out of fuel.
Operator presence switch (OPS) in seat:
OPS requires the operator to be in the seat to operate the transmission or PTO.
ROPS is designed to meet or exceed American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) safety standards.
Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility.
Seat belts are in base equipment on all John Deere compact utility tractors.
Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting.
Visual PTO warning light on the instrument panel alerts the operator when the PTO is running.
Turn signal and flashing warning lights operate according to ASABE standards.
Slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign is provided for road transport.
2-post Roll-Gard ROPS
3E Series Tractors are equipped with Roll-Gard ROPS. These folding ROPS meet the ASABE standards for compact utility tractors.
- Overall height is 244.3 cm (96.2 in.) with R3 tires, 242.1 cm (95.3 in.) with R4 tires, 244.6 cm (96.3 in.) with larger R4 tires, and 244.9 cm (96.4 in.) with R1 tires. With the Roll-Gard ROPS folded down, producers can easily to get their tractor into a garage with a standard 2.1-m (7-ft) garage door.
NOTE: The use of seat belts is recommended at all times when operating the 3E Series Tractor with folding ROPS.
An optional canopy is available to help protect the operator from the elements.