The 4640 Universal Display allows you to bring your operation to the next level of efficiency through the following features:
- Enhanced data merging functionalities to increase on-board/off-board flexibility
- Improved data capturing capabilities to more precisely map and operate section control
- Precisely apply multiple products simultaneously with individual coverage maps and application points
- Setup and startup operations easily with improved display navigation
- Improved Gen 4 applications such as AutoTrac™ assisted steering system, Section Control, and documentation increase producer profitability all with a moveable display experience
4640 Universal Display
Take advantage of the following features offered by the 4640 Universal Display:
- Gather important information such as global positioning system (GPS), signal strength, and notifications.
Machine Settings tab
- View and edit maintenance and calibrations
The System tab allows the user to view and edit:
- Date and time
- Diagnostics center
- Display and sound
- File Manager
- Language and units
- Software Manager
- Users and access
Access the latest operator’s manual on the display
Stay up to date on the latest Gen 4 features and enhancements with the Gen 4 Operator’s Manual at the user’s fingertips. With each bundle update, the Gen 4 display automatically receives the latest Gen 4 Operator’s Manual which means less time locating a paper copy and ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available.
Language and units
Switch between active and alternate language in the display
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
Users and access
Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings. Lock-out functions are managed with a defined pin for the administrator.
The Gen 4 Universal Display can be set to one of two profiles, administrator or operator. The administrator profile is always set to the full access group. This group allows unlimited access to all of the features and has the ability to lock and unlock features in the operator profile.
The Applications tab allows the user to view and edit:
- AutoTrac guidance system
- Equipment manager
- Fields and boundaries
- Help tool
- ISOBUS tasks
- ISOBUS VT
- Layout Manager
- Original GreenStar™ Monitor
- Remote access
- Section Control
- Settings Manager
- StarFire™ receiver
- Work Monitor
- Work setup
- Work totals
Layout Manager selection page
Layout Manager application
- Easily create page views that meet user needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
Work Monitor page
- The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
- You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
- Work setup places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
The video application on 4600 CommandCenter™ and 4640 Universal Display has been redesigned to improve user interface and prepare for future enhancements. Features include the ability to name and configure cameras for viewing and scanning.
- Machines equipped with a 4640 Universal Display has four video inputs.
- You can set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the video image will then appear on the display.
View of run page with flag options
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the Gen 4 or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
4600 CommandCenter with 4640 Universal Display on cornerpost
John Deere 4640 Universal Display may be configured to run with GreenStar 3 and Gen 4 CommandCenter displays on machines approved in the machine compatibility section.
An additional extended monitor is also compatible with the 4640 Universal Display.