The G5Plus CommandCenter was designed to provide a consistent user experience by providing full screen viewing of more run page modules, shortcut keys, and precision agriculture capabilities.
Expect easier setup, along with increased operator confidence thanks to a simple, customizable interface. The improved design of the G5Plus CommandCenter also aids in an optimal operating experience and maximizes uptime.
In order to increase your efficiency, take advantage of the following features offered by the G5Plus CommandCenter:
Layout Manager selection page
Layout Manager application
- Easily create page views that meet user needs and that are also equipped with default run pages.
Language and units
Switch between active and alternate language on the display
Easily switch between languages with the option to set the active and alternate language. Configure the shortcut bar to include the language toggle allows different individuals to easily switch the display between languages.
View of run page with flag options
- Mark areas in the field that need special attention such as rocks, tile lines, or weed pressure.
- Flags previously recorded on the G5, Gen 4, or GreenStar™ 3 2630 Display can be transferred between monitors.
Users and access
Users and access allow the owner or manager to lock out certain functions to prevent operators from accessing or changing settings. Lock-out functions are managed with a defined pin for the administrator.
The G5 CommandCenter can be set to one of two profiles, administrator, or operator. The administrator profile is always set to the full access group. This group allows unlimited access to all the features and can lock and unlock features in the operator profile.
Machine Monitor page
- The Machine Monitor application provides you instantaneous readings about the status or condition of your machine.
- This application shows parameters such as engine speed, coolant temperature, and ground speed.
Work Monitor page
- The Work Monitor application displays performance information about the task being performed by the machine.
- You are shown averages, totals, and productivity of the machine, such as area worked, average working speed, and fuel usage.
- Work set up places the settings needed to properly setup features such as AutoTrac™ guidance, Documentation, and Section Control in a single location. Settings include:
- Client, farm, and field
- Crop type
- Machine and implement dimensions
- Variety/hybrid and planting/seeding rates
- Variable rate prescriptions
- Product and application rates
- Application rates through the implement screens
Access the latest operator’s manual on the display
Stay up to date on the latest displays, features, and enhancements with the Displays Operator’s Manual at the user’s fingertips. With each bundle update, the display automatically receives the latest Displays Operator’s Manual which means less time locating a paper copy and ensuring the most up-to-date information is always available.
The video application on G5 displays has been redesigned to improve user interface and prepare for future enhancements. Features include the ability to name and configure cameras for viewing and scanning.
- Machines equipped with a G5 CommandCenter™, G5Plus CommandCenter, or G5Plus Universal are equipped with four analog video inputs. G5 Universal is equipped with one analog video input.
- You can set a variety of triggers. With each trigger, the image appears on the display.
Boundary creation from coverage
- G5 CommandCenter or G5Plus CommandCenter may be configured to run with the following John Deere displays connected at the cornerpost of a John Deere tractor:
- GreenStar 2 1800 Display
- GreenStar 2 2600 Display
- GreenStar 3 2630 Display
- 4640 Universal Display
- 4240 Universal Display
NOTE: Vehicle applications are always located on the G5 CommandCenter.
Automatic base station switching
Setup base stations in Fields and Boundaries applications
- Producers using John Deere RTK Radio 450 or 900 can link a base station to a desired client, farm, or field. This allows automatic switching to the associated base station when changing fields. The ability to import base station assignments into Operations Center and send back to machines will be available at a later date.